Beginning Friday over 50 accomplished songwriters will come together in South FL for the first annual Island Hopper Songwriter Festival. The first weekend will take place on September 26-28 in the rich alluring Captiva Island. The second weekend attendees will “hop” on over to the famed Fort Myers Beach. Legend says that pirates once roamed these beaches, they were the home to early settlers and are filled with mystery and adventure. Tucked away between the beautiful white sands are fun beach venues ready to host some of the most captivating storytellers of all time.
Unique to the festival is a special round with George Ducas and Jeff Cohen at the home of the late American Artist, Robert Rauschenberg. Rauschenberg’s beachside estate will be open for the very first time to the public. The very next day Marshall Altman and Billy Montana will headline a “house party” at one of the Royal Shell vacation homes. Both Sundays there will be a complete brunch with my musical stylings of Whiskey Rose, Dylan Altman and Billy Montana on 9/28 and Gary Hannan with Sonia Leigh on 10/5. Diamondhead Resort is hosting a tailgate party featuring Elisha Hoffman and Rebecca Lynn Howard. Every hour music lovers will be treated to a choice of writers throughout quaint venues up and down the beach.
Visit the website for a complete list of artists, schedules and venues. There will be a few ticketed events for purchase designated with a red ticket icon.
If you are attending the festival and want a little something to get you amped up, here is a playlist with just a fraction of the songs you are about to hear.
- Beer on the Table – Andi Zack for Josh Thompson
- Bring on the Rain – Billy Montana for JoDee Messina
- She’s Country – Danny Myrick for Jason Aldean
- Barefoot Blue Jean Night – Dylan Altman for Jake Owen
- Real Fine Place to Start – George Ducas for Sara Evans
- Postcard from Paris – Jeff Cohen for The Band Perry
- Kiss by Kiss – Kristen Kelly
- Trailer Hitch – Kristian Bush
- Sunshine and Summertime – Kylie Sackley for Faith Hill
- Helluva Life – Marshall Altman for Frankie Ballard
- I Love This Bar – Scotty Emerick for Toby Keith
- Put It In Your Pocket – Sonia Leigh
- Are You Going to Kiss Me or Not – Thompson Square
- Love Like Crazy – Tim James for Lee Brice
- Im a Little More Country– Wynn Varble for Easton Corbin