In a few short days Dothan, Alabama will be host to Toadlick Music Festival for the fifth consecutive year. The National Peanut Fairgrounds will showcase acts such as Kid Rock, Justin Moore, Alabama and more in a 3 day jam packed music festival. Never been to a festival before? No problem, we’ve got you covered. The following are a few suggested items to bring to ensure a great time.
- Sunscreen – No one wants their festival ruined by frying themselves on the first day. My personal favorite is by Rodan & Fields but any with SPF 30+ should do.
- Camera – There will be some insane photo ops so be sure to bring a camera to capture all those moments. Pro tip – don’t be the guy who is shooting photos with an iPad and blocking the view for 2 rows behind him. Not cool.
- Zip lock bags – They are good for everything right? Well, I cant tell you the number of times Ive pulled out a zip lock at a festival to protect my camera and phone. Inclement weather happens, be prepared.
- Sharpie – You may be someone lucky enough to grab one of the coveted artist meet and greets. If not you never know who may be wandering around the festival grounds looking for the famous corn dog man.
- External charger – The greatest invention since sliced bread. Am I right? Personally I would rather slice my own bread and have a fully charged phone. If you are new to the external charger world just know they come with various battery sizes and even have a solar option.
- Blue tooth speaker for your RV – Grab some new friends, snacks, drinks and a blue tooth speaker to create an insta party at your campsite.
- Hair ties – There have been times at high noon that I would trade my first born for a hair tie.
- Koozie – Whether you’re drinking water or indulging in an alcoholic beverage the koozie will come in handy for those hot summer nights.
- Waterproof makeup – High temps, rain……enough said. If you want to take it a step further this setting spray by Urban Decay is life changing.
- Bug spray – Its Alabama, in the summer.
- Fan that plugs in to your phone – Admittedly Ive never used one but wish I had come up with this genius idea. Check it out here.
Add to your list a towel, change of clothes, sunglasses, lip balm, bathing suit and a hat and you will be festival ready. See you in Dothan! #toadlick2016
Photo Cred: Mark Broadway